Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Skyline Video Tutorial for Splitcoast Stampers


Hey Stampers! Earlier this year, I posted a few samples of city skylines using the Stampin' Up! Waterfront stamp set. When Splitcoast Stampers offered to let me be a tutorial author this month, I thought this was a perfect time to do a video showing the simple technique. 

This is the card I will be showing in the video. Click here to see the video and written instructions over on Splitcoast Stampers. I am also posting the video below. 


Look how the gel pen makes it look like hints of windows on the buildings!


If you are seeing this blog post via email, you will need to click on over to my blog to see the video below. 



These are a few of my other samples using this technique:


I only used Tuxedo Black Memento ink for the card above. 





For the cards above, I simply used my first colors to stamp the "buildings" in the background, then stamped the buildings with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. The "amazing" word die was available as a Sale-A-Bration item this past January-March, but it will be available for purchase (with 2 other words) in the new catalog. Watch for updates, as I will be definitely using those dies. 

Supply list for card in video: 




Do you have a Stampin' Up! demonstrator? If not, I would love to be your source for these amazing products and hopefully give you a good dose of inspiration from time to time. Live in the US and need a catalog? Just let me know. This is not just a hobby for me, it is a passion! Click on the header above to find out more info on how you can earn free stamp sets just by shopping with me. Earn Frequent Buyer Rewards!



As always, let me know if you have any questions about the project or the products used. Thanks for visiting my blog.

Let's get social!

     

7 comments:

  1. Great card. Great way to look outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, such a clever use of this stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing is right. Well done on the video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cards are amazing! I wish you'd shown us how you did the one with the bridge in the background. Did you mask it off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I embossed the bridge and the embossing powder worked as a resist.

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog. If you like what you see, please sign up to follow me by email.